Wildcards is a weekly web series of improvisers, actors, and gamers playing Savage Worlds.
The first campaign was set in the Deadlands: Reloaded setting, which takes place in the weird west featuring supernatural phenomena. The second campaign takes place in the East Texas University setting, which has college horror and supernatural elements. A series of interludes aired after the conclusion of the second campaign, in which each player was given a chance to run their own two-parter. The new campaign, Wildcards: Nightlinger's Traveling Carnival of the Extraordinary, takes the crew back to the weird west of Deadlands, but this time as part of a traveling carnival.
On January 19, 2021, after three campaigns spanning ten seasons, as well as an interlude series, the cast of Wildcards announced that the show has come to an end.
- 1 Campaigns
- 2 List of Episodes
- 3 GM's Questions
- 4 Cast & Characters
- 5 NPCs
- 6 External Links
The Deadlands campaign of Wildcards began on March 31, 2017 with "Episode 0 - Character Creation" (1x00), and concluded after five seasons on December 7, 2018 with "So Long" (5x12), with the talkback airing the week after on December 14, 2018.
The East Texas University campaign of Wildcards began on January 18, 2019 with "The Sweat Lodge" (1x01) and concluded after four seasons on May 8, 2020 with "Convergence" (4x08), with the talkback airing the week after on May 15, 2020.
Wildcards: Interludes (special series)
The Interludes special series of Wildcards, where each Wildcards player took the helm as GM for a two-parter of their choosing, began on June 12, 2020 with "Savage Indiana Jones: Part 1" (1x01), and concluded after 8 episodes on July 31, 2020 with "Mysterium: Part 2" (1x08), with the talkback airing the week after on August 7, 2020.
Wildcards: Nightlinger's Traveling Carnival of the Extraordinary (current campaign)
The Nightlinger's Traveling Carnival of the Extraordinary campaign of Wildcards began on Friday, August 28, 2020 with "A Dark Wagon Comes to Town" (1x01), and is currently airing Fridays at 8pm PDT.
List of Episodes
Campaigns and Interludes
- Wildcards: Deadlands
- Wildcards: East Texas University
- Wildcards: Interludes
- Wildcards: Nightlinger's Traveling Carnival of the Extraordinary
The series finale of Wildcards aired independently of the campaigns. It is a unique series finale in that it was not a campaign episode, but instead was a live watchalong with the cast, featuring an episode from the ETU campaign. For more information, see "Wildcards Series Finale".
At the start of most sessions, Wildcards GM Jordan Caves-Callarman poses questions to the group, from which he gathers more information on the characters and may even use their responses in creative ways to influence the campaign. These questions will be listed in a GM's Questions section in the individual episode pages, as well as in the following page which will aggregate all the questions together: GM's Questions (Wildcards).
Cast & Characters
Wildcards is GM'd by Jordan Caves-Callarman.
- Rosaleen S. Byrne, a huckster and high-class escort played by Meghan Caves
- Gabriel Prior, a con-man with a higher calling played by Jordan Pridgen
- James Bogue, a hardened gunslinger with a haunted past played by Dom Zook
- Howell Melton, the consummate frontier gentleman played by Gaurav Gulati
- Torte Law, a reluctant Native American shaman played by Teline Guerra
- Andrew Bucholtz, a disgraced politician looking for a new beginning played by Tyler Rhoades
- Sadie Perkins, a starry-eyed, scone baking girl in over her head played by Kelsey Osborne.
- Charlie Shadow, an ex-Union Blue rail warrior trying to escape his history of violence played by Michael Holmes.
- Levon Valentine, a borderline psychopathic bounty hunter played by Rick Budd.
- Paul Femus, a no nonsense, one-eyed lawman in Phoenix played by Max Isaacson.
EAST TEXAS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide Blackwood, played by Meghan Caves
- Josh Sawyer, played by Jordan Pridgen
- Calvin Everett, Jr., played by Gaurav Gulati
- Rhan-Tegoth Stevens, played by Dom Zook
NIGHTLINGER'S TRAVELING CARNIVAL OF THE EXTRAORDINARY
- Jordan Pridgen as Midas Buchanan, the Toy Maker
- Gaurav Gulati as Victor Parish, the Dead Man
- Meghan Caves as Celestina Moldovanu, the Lady of Ravens
- Dom Zook as Buster Callahan, the Singin' Cowboy
For a complete list of NPCs that have appeared in each campaign, see Wildcards (NPCs). For NPC lists of each campaign individually, see the respective campaign pages in the Campaigns section above.